Z32 Gearbox Conversion Kit - Version 5 (S13, S14, 180SX)
*All prices exclude GST(Tax) and will be calculated during checkout. International customers do not pay tax*
*Pictures are for illustration purposes only and may differ to your order*
YOUR GEARBOX WILL BREAK
Not if, but when.
Sell it before you break it... or if you've already broken it then here’s the solution.
CONVERT TO THE STRONG FS5W30A GEARBOX
An unmodified “FS5W30A” gearbox is capable of 10 second quarter miles. There are also many aftermarket upgrades available from helical, straight, syncro and dog which is good for 8 second quarters. This gearbox is used in the following:
- R32 GTR Skyline (RB26DETT)
- R33 GTR Skyline (RB26DETT)
- R33 GTS25T Skyline (RB25DET)
- R34 GTT Skyline (RB25DET)
- Z32 300ZX Fairlady (VG30DETT)
The Z32 300ZX gearbox is the cheapest "version" and you get the same gearset, the same strength, the same the gear ratios, and Z32 gearboxes are the same in both non-turbo and twin-turbo 300ZX’s.
Only when using the Alpha Omega Racing Z32 Gearbox Conversion Kit “Z32GCK” will it fit neatly in the Silvia chassis - our Australian made parts are engineered to ensure NO hammering and NO cutting of your metal panels.
Z32GCK with optional short shifter
ABOUT THE ADAPTER PLATE
The Alpha Omega Racing gearbox adapter plate is 100% CNC machined from one solid block of 20mm billet alloy for precision and rigidity, and CMM accurate to 0.001mm. It uses 16 high tensile bolts to secure the gearbox onto the motor which is the most bolts/most secure of any conversion available.
- All bolt holes and alignment dowels are CMM accurate to 0.001mm
- 16 high tensile silver bolts - the most on the market
- Reliefs for dust, dirt, and slave
- Genuine Nissan OEM alignment dowels included
- Anodised Type II
CNC machined full ring billet alloy adapter
ABOUT THE CROSSMEMBER
Also 100% CNC machined from one solid piece of billet alloy each. Over the last 7 years of performing gearbox conversions we noticed some chassis' were slightly twisted and the old sheetmetal crossmember would not fit. The newly engineered crossmember is a 3-piece design that is adjustable in multiple directions to ensure a great fit for every vehicle.
- 3-piece design; adjustable in all directions
- Guaranteed easy install
- Anodised Type II
CNC machined 3 piece billet alloy cross member, multi-adjustable
ABOUT THE SHIFTER
The Z32 300ZX gearbox features an offset "remote shifter" which allows us to reposition the shifter so it comes out of the standard Silvia shifter hole.
This is impossible with any other FS5W30A gearbox - all other gearbox shifter positions are fixed, they cannot be moved, so you would have to cut your chassis metal to make it fit and also fabricate a dogleg shifter. In this regard the Z32 gearbox the smarter choice for a conversion in a Nissan Silvia. See the tech article “Choosing a gearbox conversion for your S-Chassis?” for more information. As part of the repositioning the shifter movement is not standard and a shave of the plastics is recommended.
- Shifter bracket is CNC laser made from thick 5mm steel for a positive shifting feel
- OEM process coated black
- 2-piece shift linkage, CNC machined from a solid piece of billet alloy each
- Shifter comes out of the standard shifter hole; no cutting metal required
- It's not in the perfect spot, but we think it's much better than cutting metal like other conversions
Z32GCK installed in an S13 with optional short shifter
OTHER TRICKS AND FEATURES
FLYWHEEL / CLUTCHES:
Re-use your current SR20 flywheel and clutch kit, or use any aftermarket SR20 flywheel/clutch kit - all single and multiplate clutches are compatible with the Alpha Omega Racing design.
Alpha Omega Racing raises the back of the gearbox as much as possible by providing a super low "upper rear extension housing" cover plate. WITHOUT the low profile plate the gearbox is tilted ~5º down, WITH it the gearbox is tilted only ~2º. No other company provides this super low cover. No other version of the FS5W30A gearbox is able to do this because they do not have the removable cover plate.
All neccessary bits and bobs are included for a quick install, you will not have to run out to the shop to buy anything else.
Included is a printed copy of the step-by-step instruction manual with full colour pictures, suprisingly handy to have next to you during the install.
Z32GCK installed in an S13
- No hammering or cutting of any metal
- Re-use your SR20 flyhweel and clutch kit
- Shifter comes out the standard shifter hole
- Adjustable CNC machined 3-piece billet crossmember for a guaranteed excellent fit
- Made in Australia so you know it's done right
The Z32GCK kit includes everything needed to bolt in and adjust the Z32 gearbox:
- 1-piece CNC machined billet aluminium gearbox adapter plate
- 2-piece CNC machined billet aluminium shifter linkage
- 3-piece CNC machined billet aluminium cross member, multi-adjustable
- Laser CNC shifter bracket, 5mm steel for a positive shifting feel
- CNC machined billet aluminium super low upper extension housing cover
- CNC machined billet aluminium Z32 gearbox starter motor cover
- 2x CNC machined billet aluminium clutch fine tuning rings
- 2x genuine Nissan OEM alignment dowels
- Zinc coated high tensile silver nuts, bolts and other hardware
- Full step-by-step installation instructions with colour pictures
You need the following parts to make it all work:
- A Z32 300ZX manual gearbox (with its sensors, shifter and slave cylinder) (B.Y.O. or we can supply)
- A tailshaft (B.Y.O. or we can supply)
Some modifications are necessary.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: